Friday 31 October 2014

Block a Week Friday

Block 12 
Surface Cables



Can you spot the mistake? if you can't then I'm not telling you haha, I didn't see it until I had completed the block and there was no way I was going to pull it back or make another one, making one of these is enough for me and to think I used to love the challenge of knitting cables many years ago.  You must admit it's lovely and if you do have the time and patience you could make something lovely with this pattern.

Rating - intermediate
Curl - 1
size - 6"x 6"
ends - 2

More examples of this Block


Made by Sheri
Made by Appledumpling

Progress -  number of different blocks made = 44


Numbers - 18,12, 1417, 19,24,26,30,31,34,36 4041, 42,43,44, 45,48, 5256,58,62,64
(Click on the number to see the block.)

Linking with



Moving on......

Stashaholics!

The end of the month is upon us once again you have until midnight to link up your October makes and for those who are counting please leave me your totals.


Happy Halloween!



I hope you all have a great fun filled spooky night!






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

8 comments:

  1. I must admit I cannot spy with my li'l eye your li'l mistake. All I see is a sea of lovely cables trailing their way down the square. That's the thing with cables, the little imperfections are a bit tricky to discover. This is such a sweet cable pattern, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a strong pattern that your little diversion doesn't really show. I had to look hard to find it. Well done for tackling this one. I didn't even consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful square Linda.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful square. I agree with you a scarf, a blanket ... So many possibilities for this stitch. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pattern ! I don't see the mistake...
    Have a nice and creative weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the cables seem a little puffier on this one. They remind me of a type of pasta whose name I can't remember. :) I hope you had a good Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful pattern!!
    Have a nice sunday,greeting.:*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this one. Couldn't spot the mistake but if you are like me, you have probably not crossed the cable on one of them! Happy Sunday
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx