Tuesday 4 October 2011

Ripples and Flowers

Last week the weather was so unexpectedly beautiful I was able to get out into the garden and do some jobs which should have been done weeks ago, but because of the bad weather and all the rain we have had I have been unable to do it,  I was out there every spare moment I had trying to catch up and I think I did more in that week than I have for the whole of the summer. There are some beautiful flowers still in bloom  so I picked a bunch and brought them in to share with you.:)
 Today the weather is back to normal for the time of the year but last week was like an unexpected gift :)
So back to crafty things, I have been trying to finish off some projects I had on the go like this ripple blanket.
It didn't take me too long really but I ran out of the purple wool before it was finished, don't you just hate it when that happens!  I bought this yarn more than a year ago and it wasn't local, the thought of not finishing it  was really upsetting.   I went onto e-bay and to my great relief they had some, I wasn't sure if it would be the same shade but when it did arrive it was close enough to I was able to finish it. It is made in a 4ply yarn and it's nice and soft and cuddly.  I got the pattern for this blanket from attic24
If you haven't tried a ripple blanket yet I would recommend you do one it's quite addictive and you really don't want to stop until every scrap of yarn has been used up :)





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful ripple blanket! You chose gorgeous colours too.. I did have a litte go at Attic24's pattern, but got a little lost...I shall try again as yours looks so good.. we still have boiling hot sun here in Oxford :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so fantastic! I love the colors. It reminds me of cotton candy...candy land :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comments ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. preciosas ondas y colores dulces, es realmente maravillosa!! yo estoy haciendo una tambien de ondas, espero acabarla pronto, Felicidades es muy bonita.
    un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Ripple. Love the purple border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. Love the pastel colors and pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx